Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin in 80 degrees!











It just doesn't seem right-near 85 degrees in late October. But tradition is tradition and we had to make the obligatory Pumpkin Patch trip (especially since grandma was in town and we really didn't have a choice). So we threw on her most festive sweater to ensure she had a nice "glow" for the camera and trotted off in search of the perfect pumpkin. Now, not to brag, but I have an "eye" for these things-I can spot a perfectly proportioned, weighted, and colored pumpkin a mile away...its a gift. So while Ryan (who apparently hasn't inherited this gift) was sifting through small, puny, useless pumpkins, I spotted the Mother of all Pumpkins, the Mack Daddy, the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin! I proclaimed for all the world (we were the only ones there) that I wanted THAT one...and grandma agreed, although I'm not sure why-in retrospect, $20 is an awful lot to pay for a pumpkin that I had no intention of carving, and really had no idea where I was going to put this monster. But alas, I got it, and didn't even notice my poor mom struggle to carry this beast to the car (it was heavier than it looked-like 30lbs or so). Sorry grandma!
Anyway, enough about me and my continued track record for pumpkin pickin-Ryan too did a decent job-picking the cutest little pumpkin that turned out to be less than a dollar and one she could carry herself-maybe SHE is the one with the gift...the gift of common sense!





No comments: