Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jasper Turns 2!!!







Jasper is my bosses (Connie) sisters' (Kathy) son who she had the week I started working for Connie, is turning 2 and having a PARTY. This was Ryan's first invite (and from a boy) to a birthday party and I was very excited for her, but horribly nervous! Jamey was out of town and that meant, shopping on my own, getting her dressed (supposed to be a farm theme, more on her "outfit" later) getting myself dressed (which lets face is no small feet...I mean feat) and getting the present wrapped. We started out very rocky...she didn't go down for her nap until late, which made mommy panic (although, what doesn't these days?) but I came to terms with being a bit late (which I HATE). The getting ready part wasn't as bad as I anticipated, with the exception of her "cowgirl" outfit. Now here is where my insane vanity rears its ugly head. The shirt was cute enough, but she really didn't have shoes the would "go", and I couldn't get her hair "right" and ultimately the brown plaid shirt "washed her out". I really want to say that I am kidding and NOT be THAT girl, but sadly, clearly, I have a problem. The only thing on her body that could even somewhat resemble a "farm girl" was her denim skirt...but oh well, she looked cute as hell! So sad..I know..I'm thinking of getting help...
On the way, the debacle of "just getting there" continued..we had to stop at a dollar general store to pick up a gift bag, on the way there she got her shoes off, and bows out of her hair (the store is 1/2 mile down the road). So now I am 7 1/2 months pregnant, sweating like a pig from the humidity of an awful muggy September day, trying to put shoes back on and bows in sweaty hair. Now I have to carry her in/out of the store, with the shoes coming off twice in the process. Thank God for Elmo, which made the ride out to the farm quiet! Sensing it was going to be a BAD afternoon for Ryan, I came to terms with leaving early, full of apologies, and embarrassment. But once again Ryan came through in a clutch, and the entire time I was sweating from the heat AND nervousness, she was being just as good as she could be. She played with the toys, drank her drink, ate her cake, sat quiet, mingled, and looked as adorable as ever! I really hated that daddy missed this. She got a punching balloon on her way out (which she LOVED-all the way home) and basically made me question why I always anticipate the worst, when she always comes through being the best!

No comments: