Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tippy Tumbles down the Stairs!

Holy Crap! So the scariest moment since her birth happened last night...and I dont like to place blame, but IT WAS ALL JAMEYS FAULT. I'm teasing, I think it is a man thing, men just dont think like women...its a fact. Anyway, back to Ryan's traumatic moment. So its bath time and for a while we got Ryan crawling upstairs every time, this way I wont have to carry her. It was working well, until one day, she just stopped and demanded to be picked up. Now, I am very lazy and would cave, and pick her up. Jamey, being infinitely more patient, decides to "work with her". To do this, he would go up a few steps ahead acting as a carrot and she would follow him up. I had no idea this was happening or I would have said something to the effect, "make sure you stay behind her at all times." "lets make sure you hold onto her at all times" ummm..."Let try NOT to let her fall down the stairs head over feet if we can." Poor Jamey got lulled into a sense of comfort because she never stood up before-well this time she did. And as soon as she did, being 18 months and NOT having the core strength to maintain balance, she immediately fell backwards! Now, I didnt see it-I wish I had, I am thinking the visual was way better than the audible version. I was in the bathroom underneath the stairs and to say it sounded like her head cracking on every stair all the way down lasting 10 minutes is an understatement. I ran around to find her at the bottom of the stairs. Jamey grabbed her straight away and she just laid her head on his shoulder, never crying once. Then without waring said, "Bye bye" as if she was heading back upstairs to get her bath. She giggled and waved the whole way up. She was fine....I however was NOT. I burst into tears and couldnt stop shaking. Somehow managed to keep myself calm enough to NOT go into labor, but it took a few hours to truly calm down. So lessons all the way around-
Ryan learned to be more careful on the stairs, Jamey learned to stay behind her when climbing the stairs, and I learned to anticipate instinctively the things that could harm Ryan and anticipate the fact that Jamey doesnt know them instinctively and clue him in-daddys dont have those instincts I guess...

No comments: