Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I DID IT!"

There has been a rash of "new" things Ryan can do, closing doors, opening doors, using a spoon, changing the channel/volume (to our dismay) but really, isn't that what it means to grow from a baby into a toddler-everything is something new you can do! But unlike every other day previously, she can now TELL me when she has done something! Her newest and by far the CUTEST thing she has said to date is: "I did it!". It all started when she got the puzzle pieces to her new puzzle in all the correct spots. I heard her say softly, "I got it" so I repeated it...I said, "You got it? You did it?" to which she then repeated it louder, "I DID IT!" Yeah, you did girl! This one really melts my heart, because before you could tell she was proud of herself, she would give herself a round of applause, or smile and shrug...but now to hear it out loud that self-admiration....it was too precious for words! Sadly, Jamey missed another "first", but the good news is, she said again the next morning, and NOT because we asked her to say it, but because once again she completed the puzzle and wanted to let him know, "I DID IT!"

No comments: