Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I Go Poo-Poo"

I was telling this story to my co-worker when she tells me to make sure I write that in her baby book. Then it hits me-have I written anything in her baby book? Then I realize something else-THIS blog her baby book! So here I write about my daughters first 3 word sentence. Now before I do, I looked back and saw that I have made no mention of her "first" word or her first 2-word sentence (I mean seriously, why is it so freaking hard to keep up with a baby book-especially when it is digital for crying out loud?!) So for the sake of mentioning it, her first word (I think-WORST MOM EVER) was "ball" or "dada" and her first 2-word sentence was "All gone" or "I'm done". Now I can move forward without guilt to her first 3-word sentence.
Ryan had been napping on a Sunday afternoon for a long time, like 3 1/2 hours or so, very unusual. I decided that I should go wake her up, but chances were good she was already up, just chilling in her crib. I open the door and was immediately hit in the face with a pungent familiar smell-an immediate diaper change was in my future. I walk over and as predicted she was sitting up with a paci in her mouth. I walk over and ask, "How was your nap bug-a-boo?" To which she spits out her paci, and proclaims, "I GO POO-POO". And my instant response was, "Man, you aint never lie!" She then grabs her paci and places it back in her mouth and stands up ready for momma to change her! Which I promptly did once I picked myself off the floor from laughter!

No comments: