Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ONE BAD MOMMY and ONE BADASS CHEERLEADER











After last year's epic Halloween costume (Spider and her Web), there was a great deal of pressure on me to top it this year. That was of coarse before I got pregnant and therefore drastically inhibited my choices. I really liked the tradition of she and I (and now I guess Leah too) being a tandem/trio, so I had to really figure out what she could be and me being almost 8 months pregnant could be as well. EUREKA-I'm a genius...I will be "Mother Earth-busy creating and sustaining precious life" while my Ryanbug is a beautiful flower that I grew myself! Damn, now that is cute! So I had months to plan, (DID I? NO), had months to sew and/or buy Ryans flower (DID I? NO), instead I waited and waited and the more pregnant I became, the less energy I had and then the inevitable-the 11th hour and I was tapped, spent, officially "checked out". It didnt help that dad was out of town as well, the very notion of me painting my belly, and getting myself ready all the while getting her dressed and ready was more than I could wrap my head around, so I opted to simply "forget" the holiday all together! GASP!!! I know, all weekend I felt just awful, like I was doing the biggest injustice in the world to my daughter (like she had a clue). Late Saturday night the guilt just overwhelmed me and the stories and pictures I was reading of other childrens Halloween costumes and fun was too much to bear. I figured it out-she had a Wake Forest Cheerleader Costume in her closet....ohhh...perfect...no one would be the wiser...like I had planned it! Now how sad is that, as much as I demise cheerleaders, I had no choice but to fool the masses and trick myself into thinking this was a "costume". So in the end, while she may have missed the festivities, and was left with an empty pumpkin with no candy, there are pictures for her to look back on and everyone ultimately thought it was a great Halloween costume! Little do they know we slapped this one on her Sunday afternoon (day after Halloween) in our living room for like 15 minutes....Shhhhhhhhh......
BTW-I did some photoshopping, but she had the bloodiest nose in all the pictures...like she was the badass cheerleader who gets into fights for no reason-you should see the other girl! :)




No comments: