Tuesday, November 10, 2009

She Speaks-really she does!












This was the "last weekend" of alone time with Nana and Papa Joe before Leah comes. Not really sure Ryan understood that, seeing how she really doesnt understand what is about to happen. But we wanted to try to make the most out of it. First, they brought Ryan the most gorgeous chest of drawers for her room, which seemed so "grown up" to me. However, to make room for the dresser, we moved the changing table, and rocking chair into our room for Leah's arrival. YIKES...so it's like..on now...very real, very quickly. I know I'm 9 months, I should have had that realization long ago, but something about seeing the room ready and all her clothes put away...whoa...
Anyway, back to Ryan-there is a phenomenon that I for the life of me cannot figure out. Maybe one day someone will explain it to me, but by then, it probably wont be an issue, so I will most likely wait this one out. Everyone knows how much Ryan can say, her vocabulary is expanding daily and even when she isnt saying "words" the girl has a language all her own and sometimes wont shut up (I mean that in the best "mom" way possible)! But whenever Jamey's parents come to town, or I take her into a crowd, she clams up like a CIA spy. Nothing...no words, no animal sounds, no expression on her face even...stoic...oddly quiet, focused. Its weird. It is very clear that she loves them, and knows them and seems to feel fairly comfortable around them, so why the hush-hush? I finally got a few words out of her, and she lightened up a bit at the end, but nothing in her normal realm of playtime. I know one day she will talk in front of them, but for now it pisses me off that she is making us look like liars! :)
Not to mention that since this was their last visit with her before Leah comes, the next time they see her, her world will be turned upside down and one of two things is going to happen-either she will be too busy throwing tantrums to speak, or she will find all of her words and be telling us where we all can go!



No comments: