Tuesday, November 10, 2009

PEED IN POTTY!

Jamey has taken over bath duty every night since the season ended. First because my protruding belly makes it very difficult, and secondly, because mommy needs a break after a long soccer season! I started noticing a routine when he would give the baths, of him taking off her diaper and letting her roam while the bath was running...well, running water, and no diaper equals pee on the floor! We had bought her potty a while back and let it hang out, pointing it out occasionally, putting her on it occasionally, but not really training her (other than letting her watch me-which seems weird to say out loud). But I figured, she is getting close, and instead of letting her pee on the floor, lets try sitting her on this thing. These are the instructions I gave Jamey- take off her diaper, and AS SOON AS YOU DO put her on the potty and tell her, "go pee pee in the potty". AND SHE DID! I missed it and I didnt even know it! He brings her downstairs like normal, brushes her hair (with her screaming) like normal, gave her milk like normal and watched tv...like normal. Then, out of the blue, Jamey says in his Jamey casual way, "Oh yeah, Ryan peed in her potty tonight." WHAT???!!! Are you kidding me?!! You didnt call me?! That is a BIG DEAL...did you make a BIG DEAL?! Then on to logistics, "did you give her toilet paper to wipe (which she knows how to do from watching me go-still weird) to which he states, "I didnt know what to do so I threw her in the tub!" Nice....well done! :) God, I love this man! Hilarious!
As badly as I would have wanted to see her go potty and praise her and all of that, the image in my head of Jamey trying to figure out how to clean her off and just deciding to lift her off and put her in the tub is just too cute....
Now I am sure this was a fluke moment, and of coarse we will keep trying with her (with me in attendance), but certainly a BIG step in the right direction (which is NO MORE DIAPERS)
BTW-I know this picture has NOTHING to do with potty training or baths, or anything, but I LOVE this picture and was dying to use it somehow! :)

No comments: