Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thank Goodness for Grandparents!




Jamey had his last out of town regular season trip and I always dread these trips because (to remind you again, I LOVE my girls) I have to fill several days of stuff for us to do. I have tried art projects (messy), singing & dancing (fun, but only covers 15 minutes out of 48 hours), and movies (the girls fav, but there is only so many times you can watch Kung Fu Panda)-I have even tried locking myself in the bathroom and letting the girls have free reign of the house (not the best parenting move, but we I do the best I can). So when Jamey's parents, Nana & JoJo, decided to come for a visit at the last minute I was so releived (I believe my exact words were, "Hell yeah you can come!"). We filled the days with shopping, a visit to the ArtWorks museum and Ryan introduced them to Toy Story 3 (clearly they arent as close to the charaters like we are, they didnt even cry), but certainly a MUCH better alternative to "Free Reign Saturdays". I should have thought of this ages ago-just plan for all the grandparents to visit when Jamey is out of town-who wants to see him anyway?!

No comments: