Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Backstage pass for Halloween Costume Makin!





I have tried since July to think of something creative for the girls costume for Halloween to no avail. Then while telling a friend of mine what Ryan was for her for year (a spider in MY web) it occurred to me that I could let Leah be the spider this year and make Ryan the web! Now Leahs spider costume was store bought (or more like Grandma bought) and I am ok with that, but I HAD to make Ryans costume so at least one of them is in a "Jenbug one-of-a-kind". I decided to make a version of a tutu, with a black shirt painted with a spider web on it. It is an apron pocket style tutu filled with webbing and spiders! I have made spider clips for her hair and we even plan to cover the stroller with webbing and spiders as well! I could have waited to post just the pictures of the girls in their costumes and skipped the "backstage" look, but I cant seem to get Ryan to try on the costume, so "just in case" she never puts it on, I wanted some proof of the effort I went through to make it! :) Fingers crossed she comes to her senses and puts on this cool costume! ZooBoo here we come!

No comments: