Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ready Set CRAWL!

The day we have been waiting for (or dreading) has arrived. Ryan crawled!!! And she did it in sneaky fashion too. Jamey had to go to an early weights session as punishment for his girls skipping study hall (more of a punishment for us, but whatever) and she picks the one morning he is gone to unveil her biggest accomplishment to date (although he should probably get used to missing stuff). I was in the kitchen getting chicken out for dinner, making her breakfast and left her on the living room floor (usually safe-she never went anywhere before) when all of sudden I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye and it was Ryan crawling into the kitchen like she had been doing it for months. I turn around and gleefully say, "Well, look at you!" then I had to quickly grab her becuase Steve's breakfast must have smelled good to her cause she made a beeline for it and about got a handful of dog food! AND SO IT BEGINS...the chase is on, the endless stream of "no's", "put that down'", "dont pick that up", "dont put that in your mouth"-I'm exhausted just writing about it. I never really said "No" to her before, but now I found myself saying it more and more...the funny part about that is, as soon as I say it-3 animals and a baby stop whatever it is they are doing and at least 2 of them were doing something wrong anyway! Now I can hedge my bets.
This is fun time though, but she is fast and only getting faster, I have to step up my workout just to keep up!!

No comments: