Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ahhh...Disney at Christmas!






As much as I wanted to take Ryan to Disney for her first Christmas, there was no way I was going to pay like $80 a person for something she wont remember anyway. Yes, yes, I know I would have the memory of taking her, but that is quite a costly memory! Also, my parents live there, Disney is in their backyard, I think we will make it a few time in her lifetime-certainly no rush. However, I do love the Disney/Epcot area at Christmas and did want to go for a visit. So my mom, myself, Jamey and Ryan spent the day wandering around all the resorts (do you know how many resorts there are now? Back in my day, orange groves outnumbered the resorts-now I'm not so sure). Anyway, she got to hit the highlights anyway, the Wilderness Lodge, and then we hopped on the monorail for the resorts on that list (plus you can see the park and the castle). We ended up at the Boardwalk and hung out there for a bit. While she did awesome in all these places, I could tell that it may have upset me if she was so casual about the sights had we actually gone to the Disney...not her fault, but still. She did seem to like all the characters in the stores and people made quite a fuss over her! Our favorite part of the day was when we were at the Wilderness Lodge and decided to hang out by their pool (yes, we crashed the Wilderness Lodge's pool-hooligans) we noticed there were ducks in the pool and all around the grounds were friendly bunnies. Seriously, I dont know how Disney does it, maybe they put something in the water, but how do they make the real animals behave like cartoon characters? Unreal! Only Disney! I do know this, we will go next year, and I will bring more comfortable shoes.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the picture below! Looks like you had a blast over the holidays! we miss you. Rach