Monday, February 15, 2010

My Funny Valentines!







Oh my sweetness-my teeth hurt just from looking at my sugary Valentine girls! I swore once I found out I was having another girl that wouldn't be the mom who dresses them alike or be too cutesy with them-but-shucks-it is just soooooo sweet, it is hard NOT to!
Both girls had a party at daycare and we had to bring cards for all the kids. I could be like the normal moms and go to Walmart for the little cartoon cards, but noooo, that would be too easy. I often find myself wondering why I am so self-destructive, why do I tend to make things more difficult on myself? Anyway, not to get too reflective and introspective on here-the point was, I did it again! I chose to make my Valentines cards for Ryans class (a group of 1-2 year olds-just to remind you who my audience is). I started out thinking it would take an hour of my time (an hour I really didnt have btw) 2 1/2 hours later I'm done and they are GIGANTIC! I'm feeling pretty proud, I drop them off at school along with some cookies and didnt really think much more about them. Well, that was until I pick Ryan up and she has her goodie bags full of candy and Valentines-all of them were the cute little cartoon cards that had either candy, or a sticker or something much more appropriate than my boring lame handmade card that wasn't a hologram, or a bookmark, or a sucker...it didn't have the Incredibles, or Snoopy or Elmo on it....it didn't play music or pop up...and now that I am thinking of it, it really wasn't even that cute or creative at all...RATS!!! Lesson learned....I say that, but Ryans birthday is right around the corner, and I see handmade invitations in my future! My mistakes are just history repeating itself over over again-now....

No comments: