Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I hold Lela mom?! Please?!





We had a weekend with daddy away and I made up my mind that ready or not Ryan was going to help me with Lela (actually its Leah...but Ryan cant say that, so it comes out Lela). This may have been a mistake. I put Leah in her swing, Ryan wants to push the swing, which is adorable till she tries to push it to the ceiling. I put Leah in her bouncer and Ryan, in her attempt to "rock" her, bounces it so hard that she nearly ends up launching poor Leah face first on the living room floor. During lunch, Ryan thought it would be helpful to give Leah a full slice of bologna (Leah particularly hated that one). In hindsight, she may have caused more work for me by trying to help (she is more and more like her daddy after all) but after lunch, for a treat, I let Ryan lay down in our bed for her nap. Since Leah was tired as well, I laid her down beside her. Now this was the only helpful moment the entire day and it only lasted a mere 3 seconds. But Ryan gave Leah her bottle...well, when I say gave, she basically just kind of held it in place...well, when I say held it in place, I mean she had her hand on it, but most of the milk ended up on Leah's face and down her "formula catcher" (her neck). It was mainly my fault, I put on The Incredibles and Ryan cant take her eyes off it even for a second to be bothered checking if the bottle was even in Leahs mouth and I was too busy snapping pictures to be bothered to help her help me!
Good Day!

No comments: