Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post


I feel like I am obligated to tell Ryan's first Thanksgiving story, for historical purposes only. Thankfully, it was a fairly uneventful trip and this should go quickly! We started the week prior kind of rough-Steve needed his vaccines in order to board, which caused a reaction, and a subsequent night spent getting fluids, the next day he was fine...Whew! Then on Tuesday we get a call from her daycare informing us to come get her she has a fever of 102.5, again. What??? So after a phone conversation with her doctor, it is determined that she has a cold...Whew again! Now we are packing-which I thought I hated packing before having Ryan, it has now become my nightmare-the bane of my existence if you will. It is Sucky Suckerson (forget it-too long to explain). Needless to say, we have to pack the entire house for an 18 pound little baby. And no matter how great my efforts are to pack "only what I need" the effort is futile. I ALWAYS over pack, and now, not only am I over packing for myself, but now my daughter has 25 outfit for a 3 day trip for crying out loud. Somehow we jammed it all in, the Jeep is loaded and we are ready to go, and only 1 hour behind schedule-not that we really have one of those anymore. The drive was fine, with the exception of Ryan developing a cough that kept waking her up and the anticipated traffic on Hwy 77 out of Charlotte. But we got there safe and sound, if only a few hours later than we thought (5 hour trip took 7). Now on to the main event (which I will explain in pictures-I don't have to write that much, you wont have to read that much and lets face it, they are prettier to look at!)

No comments: