Thursday, August 12, 2010

Newsome Bugs On The Move...get used to it girls!



If you thought you would see photos of boxes, UHauls, an old house in shambles and a new set up apartment you would be wrong. First of all, no one needs to see that, and secondly I do NOT want any photographic evidence of the sheer madness that was this move. It's bad enough that the mental image of our old place looking like a tornado hit it is seared into my brain, the sounds of the kids screaming echoing in my ears, and the nervous breakdown from the "hurdles" we had to jump over to even get here (I still wake up in a cold sweat, twitching), is it really necessary to document it all in photographs? I refuse to get into the details of the horrors, only to say that it could have been made much worse. For those who dont know why this happened, here was the situation-Jamey got a new job, a great job, his first Head Coaching job at Auburn University Montgomery. He got the job on a Thursday, mom, the girls and I drove down to find a place on Friday and by the following Friday we were moving in. So this meant we had literally 4 days to pack up my house and finalize everything we needed to in Statesboro. With the girls in daycare all week (THANK GOD!) Jamey spent the majority of the week working on administrative errands and I boxed up the house. I had a plan, a system, go through room by room and label everything. This system broke down the first day and by Friday we were just tossing random things into the Uhaul like oulaws running from the law and sped off in a blaze of glory. The bright spot of the move was the 5 hour drive that Jameys parents allowed my to have while Jameys dad drove the truck (with Moe in tow) and Jamey and his mom drove the van with the girls. I was able to drive their car, on my own, by myself, the 5 hour (I stretched to 6) to Montgomery. 6 hours of peace. History proves I like to unpack all boxes within days and have the house set up, this isnt going to be the case this time around-with the girls around, there is simply not a moment to do it. We signed a 6 month lease with this apartment and it is going to take me that long to unpack..only to do this all over again! Long story long-I thought I hated moving before, but now with the girls, it was a whole new level of torture, a nightmare I hope to blackout quickly.

No comments: