Monday, August 16, 2010

Bruises, Boxes, Sleep Deprivation...and WHERE ARE MY TOWELS?!

Muscle memory is when your body is able to perform certain tasks without consciously thinking about them due to previous repetition. Like driving to work and forgot how you got there, making coffee very early in the morning when you aren't even awake yet, walking through your house without bumping into anything are just a few examples. When you move, specifically into a place that is much smaller, you muscle memory takes you in one direction, while your body slams into a chair. You reach for the coffee with your left only the coffee is now on the right of the machine and instead of grabbing a coffee cup, you grab a dinner plate. If I had a dime for when someone (including myself) asks, "Where is ________?" I would be able to afford a bigger house! The scatteredness (is that a word I made up?) of our lives right now has put everyone on edge. NEVER underestimate the power of routine and organization and the peace and calmness it brings into your life. Just when I feel I accomplished a vague sense of organization, I go to take a shower and only have 1 towel...what the hell happened to all our towels? It is then I realize that they probably got used to wrap up stuff for the move and are still in boxes in the garage that I refuse to go into in an attempt to avoid a breakdown (maybe when I am stronger). I am avoiding the garage and the search for towels because I know exactly what is going to happen:
go into the garage and GASP, find a box I think MAY have a towel or two (none are labeled just because we wanted this move to be extra challenging) only to open said box that has a few things I could use upstairs.
Bring these items upstairs only to realize there is no room for them, so I have to rearrange a closet to make them fit
After pulling some clothes out to rearrange, I realize that those clothes should probably need to be washed.
Start the wash only to see I'm missing my Downy Ball for the fabric softener, which is-you guessed it- probably in a box in the garage-back down we go...only to start this all over again.NO THANKS!
So for now I am drying off my bruised body (from running into walls & furniture) with the 1 wet towel we have that Jamey just used, and hanging back up presumable dirty clothes back in the closet (they are Jamey's anyway).
Right now, in this moment, I am thinking of adding some rest into my new routine (certainly was NOT a part of my old one) in hopes of getting rid of this nasty cold that certainly was caused by stress. At least the bed is closer to the floor (room is tooo small for our bed frame), makes collapsing into it that much easier!
At least it is only 6 months-then maybe I can figure out where all the towels went!

No comments: