Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thanksgiving at HOME?! Wha?!



So this was the first year in many, many years that we didn't have to travel anywhere for Thanksgiving (thank you Leah). With my C-section date 5 days following, we felt it would be best to stay put and that is exactly what we did. Now, after the few (but FANTASTIC, if I say so myself) Thanksgiving dinners I have made, I am embarrassed to say we did this one ghetto style: Ready-made microwave turkey, box stuffing, canned corn and mashed potatos (not from scratch) AND I almost didnt even go that far-but I felt it was important for Ryan (as if she would remember) what Thanksgiving dinner resembled. After dinner we put up all the decorations, knowing I wouldnt have the time or energy post Leah. That was fun, for a minute, until Ryan realized what she put ON the tree could be just as easily taken OFF and started a series of, "NO Ryan" and "Just leave the tree alone Ryan" and what has become the party line in my house, "That is NOT a toy." Good times-but the house looked as pretty as could be expected seeing how I was ready to pop any minute!

No comments: