Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sisters-Ryan's new best friend!





We had many concerns when we found out we were pregnant again-financially, physically were'nt sure we could go through that again so soon (well, I was concerned) and spatially (our house isnt that big) but the #1 concern was Ryan. We were OK with the idea of having one child, one beautiful, special, miraculous child and we were going to give her everything we had. So what would having another one do to that plan-did we have enough to split? How would our darling (spoiled even) daughter handle NOT being the focus of our attention and time? It didnt seem fair to her. But someone told me that we (especially once we found out it was another girl) were giving her the greatest gift- a sister, a best friend for life. Still, even with that knowledge, I was scared how the meeting would go. We brought Leah home before Ryan got home from school, got a bit settled and nervously waited for Jamey to bring her home. I sat with Leah in my arms and Ryan came into the house, not even caring that Mommy was home (uggg-where is the love Ryan?). She saw grandma and said hi to her, then walked over to Nana who was on the couch. I said, "Hey Ryan wanna say hi to your sister?" she looked over casually, then before she could turn back to Nana, she did an immediate double take...WHA?! Then she ran over to see what mom was holding! We put her in my lap and all she wanted to do was hug and kiss Leah. It was a total and utter surprise. I rarely cry, especially years of joy, but tears came to my eyes. I was relived, over joyed, and overwhelmed by her reaction. For the rest of my life I will remember that first kiss and just how absolutely precious it was.

No comments: