Friday, July 10, 2009

Great Grandmas house!













As a kid I always adored going to Grandmas House. Maybe it was because it was usually for Christmas, or the fact that I got to see snow, but my memories of this house are very fond ones!
So despite the circumstances surrounding this visit, I was fairly excited to take Ryan to visit her Great grandma. I think it is important to note that my grandmas house looks like an antique store, one you normally would NOT take a year old child into for fear of them grabbing and breaking everything in sight. I think Ryan had a blast, but for us it hours of running after her saying no and taking stuff out of her hands. After the first day we just about got everything out of sight, only to have my poor restless grandma put everything back in its place after we left, so we had repeat the routine every visit. Then on top of that we had Uncle Scott playing the instigator, bring her old antique chairs, toys and dolls (I swear the ugliest and scariest doll I have ever seen).
Also, on this visit she finally got to meet Aunt Judy (yes, the phantom aunt who sends her the best presents!), Uncle Jeb and Cousin Jamie. Jamie at one point had Ryan in stitches...I'm not sure what she did to get her to laugh, but it was the sweetest moment of the trip. She just loved Jamie!
Then she got to meet dads sisters, Fran and Sue, Frans son Michael, his wife Jessica, and their children Ellie and Ben. Ryan was a little skeptical at first (Ellie is her age) but once they broke out the toys-she was fine. Although I had to remind her more than once that that was NOT daycare and those toys are Ellie's-I hope she learns sharing soon-that was embarrassing. The funny part was, Ryan and Ellie had identical whines, so anytime either one of them pitched a fit, Jessica and I would look around to make sure it wasn't ours!
I think now Ryan has met her entire family at least once. Whew-that only took a year!



No comments: