Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm 2 Years Old!!!!!!






If you go back and read about Ryan's 1st birthday (which I have all but blocked out) you may find a word or two like STRESSFUL or OVERWHELMING or AM I A CRAZY PERSON FOR DOING ALL THIS???!!!! (Ok, that is more than one word). In any event, I was going to take all my energy this year to AVOID having a repeat of last year-first step was having my tubes tied (NO chance of a shocking pregnancy to ruin this birthday!) and I was all prepared to keep it extremely low key (No losing balloons to insane wind meltdowns). Well, as they say-they best laid plans. My Uncle Scott wanted to come down and bring his girlfriend and my grandma. Ok-still planning to keep it simple I agreed. It wasnt until my mom said she would come a few days before they arrived to "help" me get ready that I realized that this was going to be more than simple gathering. All of a sudden I have to come up with a theme, order a cake, balloons, and GASP actually really clean my house (and not just Jenbug clean, which is pretty clean, but "Mom" clean clean clean-which involves baseboards and such).
So my stress free birthday was stress free no longer and I didnt have the "I just found out I'm pregnant" excuse to fall back on for any meltdowns. YIKES. Thankfully I didnt need them-it went perfectly! Mom came in, cleaned my house for me (always welcomed) and once Scott, Rhonda and grandma came it was very casual and Ryan had a great time.
Aunt Judy sent Ryan a very special crown & tutu outfit that was very pretty, and for once let Ryan dress like a little princess-sort of (I wasnt sure what to put underneath it, so I did the best I could with pants and a t-shirt. We all went outside to color with chalk (Ryan LOVES to color), we opened presents and then had lunch and cake! It was very pleasant but the best part was coming-The Wildlife Center-any chance I get to hear Ryan say, "Trurttlllle"! I was so thankful to have Rhona with us as we toured because she taught Ryan so much (it is her normal job in Columbus) and Ryan stuck very close to her side! As much as I was dreading another birthday bash for Ryan-this one turned out to be perfect. ON the list of presents Ryan got-A sit-n-spin (my fav as a child), a vacuum (oddly it only picks up white/red styrofoam balls), clothes, Rhonda made cute blankets for both girls, and even ABBY got in on the gifts with clothes and a brand new stroller! Ryan loved it all and had a really great weekend!
I should also mention that for the first time Ryan said "Grandma" over and over over and over (careful what you wish for Grandma) again. Anytime mom would leave the house, Ryan would ask, "Wheres grandma?" I think she really liked the sound of it-both of them!

No comments: