Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"But Ryan, You're a Big Girl!"



Not to brag, but I think Ryan has done exceptionally well with adjusting to Leah. We got rid of the bottles that she was so fond of, she never tries to take Leah's paci's (even though she is a paci fiend!), there has been no hitting or kicking (on purpose) of any kind. And I was warned, I was warned that in the worse case scenario, Ryan would abuse her new sister, and in the best case, she would revert back to "baby" like activities. Ryan, in her infinite coolness, has done NONE of those-until yesterday. Since we brought down the bouncy chair for Leah, Ryan has climbed in it a few times, probably more out of nostalgia, or curiosity more than anything, but never full on chilled out in it. Well, it was nap time for all (fingers crossed) and I put on Elmo in an attempt to get Ryan to take a nap. Which worked, but sadly, she fell a sleep in Leah's bouncer. Now, in her defense (why am I always defending my children?) it looked fairly comfortable to me, even though her feet didn't even touch the floor! I was, not under any circumstance, about to wake this child up to take her upstairs to her crib to nap! My motto of the year...maybe 2 years...hell, maybe even a lifetime-WHATEVER WORKS!!!! Lets just keep our fingers crossed that I dont do any permanent damage with that theory!

No comments: