Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All Smiles!!!!!





I am such a weirdo when it comes to naps. If I were to happen to have an afternoon off with the girls in daycare, ALL I can think about is getting home and taking a nice long nap (ahhh, it pleases me to just think about). But inevitably, once I get there and get into bed-I CANT sleep. Maybe my mind drifts to all the crap I have to do, and CAN do with the girls away, that my body betrays me and gives in to my brain (wimp). Now here is where it gets weird-if I do happen to fall asleep, even a little bit, and I am woken up-I am a TERROR! I will stomp around the house like Godzilla. You are probably asking yourself why I am telling you this odd piece of my persona.Well, because it leads into this story:
All three of us got to sleep (Remember Ryan in Leah's bouncer chair-same nap)-which is a miracle in and of itself. Only after 20 minutes Leah started to wake up (in her defense, she was probably a sleep long before Ryan and I went down). But she was stirring and it woke me up from my blissful slumber. I was so upset, so angry, so very very tired. Once I opened my eyes, this is what I saw-a beautiful, smiling, happy, well rested baby and I instantly became at ease. I double dare someone to look at that gummy grin and NOT smile!!! Come on-I TRIPLE DOG dare ya!

No comments: